CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Only Hope

I google all the time and I'll google anything and everything. Isn't it amazing what all you can find? I can think of one thing though that I tried to google and surprisingly nothing came up. This was my google: "What will become of my life? Will I live with my parents forever? Will I ever be able to financially take care of myself? Will I ever get married again? Will I ever have a family of my own?"

So what did I find out? Well, google failed me! This was the result of my very important search: "Sorry! We found no results for your search." What??? I thought google knew everything! What a letdown.

Fortunately, God is even bigger than google. I suppose that is kind of an understatement. He knows the answer to every single question that has ever been asked, what the end result will be of every conflict, and the solution to every dilemma. Sooo, I'm thinking that maybe I should just relax for a change and let God worry about the details. Besides, not to be self-deprecating, but I obviously don't know the answers to my questions, I can't predict my future, and I have no idea how to best solve my problems.

I've been listening to Switchfoot's song (by the way, it's on my playlist,) "Only Hope," over and over again. My favorite verse of the song is:

"Sing to me the song of the stars
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again"


"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11 The Message

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! Jesus rose after 3 days in the tomb. Because of His resurrection, you don't have to live in a cave. You are free & He is able.

    ReplyDelete