CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Neurotic, Naive, and Proud of It!

Remember the whole Mr. Hot Cowboy fiasco? Well, it turns out that not all guys are scared away by a neurotic 30 year-old divorcee. A few weeks ago I was out with my girlfriends and this guy and I bump into each other. I apologize and he's says, "No problem, it's all good." Okay, so my naivete is starting to slip away a little bit and so I'm pretty sure that this was more of a planned incident and less of an accident. Of course it took me some time to figure that one out. I have to throw in that I'm not ever looking to pick up on anyone. They (men, boys, etc.) find me. It turns out that I'm kinda hot! Who knew? Just kidding, just kidding!

So the subject of age comes up and I hesitantly admit that I'm 30. He's says, "There's no way you can be 30, this beautiful, and still single." So I'm thinking to myself; "Wow what a nice guy! I think I could really like him." I ask him how old he is and he says he is 32 and my reply was "Wow, you're a grownup!" I know, I know. Sometimes I just don't know about myself and the things that come out of my mouth. Anyway, it was really nice to have a conversation with an actual adult male since most guys that approach me are in their early 20s and I'm really not into that whole "cougar" thing.

So, my new friend presses the issue of how I could still be single and I keep trying to change the subject, but he just wont let it go. So finally I say, (and believe me I have the whole Mr. Hot Cowboy fiasco on my mind)"Umm, I'm not supposed to tell you." Why on this green earth I would say that, I have no idea. I'm actually surprised that he believes that I'm 30, because I'm acting like I'm 12. He then replies "Did you used to be married?" I come back with a very sheepish "Yes" and then he says, "I'm divorced too." And for the first time in my life I don't think that I've ever been so happy to hear someone say that their marriage has been irretrievably broken! Awful, isn't it? Turns out that he really is a nice guy and we're still friends and he says that my neurotic mind and naivete is "cute!"

1 comment:

  1. Kansas, I'm not sure if I've told you, who knows maybe I have, but your blog makes me laugh out loud every single time I read it! You will give some very lucky guy a happy funny life!

    ReplyDelete