Do you want to know what the worst part of having to kiss a few frogs before finding your prince is? I hate frogs!!! Seriously, I have this horrible frog phobia. Frogs, bullfrogs, toads (actually, they're the worst.)Basically the sight of any amphibian makes me feel like I need an ativan. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.I don't like snakes either, but if I had to hold a frog or a snake; I choose the snake!I know when my stress level has reached it's limit when I start dreaming about frogs. Not too long ago I had a nightmare about a dog-sized frog!
When I was in college and my family lived on Arizona Avenue, there was this toad that decided to camp out on the front porch every night, all of one summer. Well, I came home about midnight one night and saw this hideous little creature staring me down right in front of the door. Tears came to my eyes and I felt a sheer wave of panic wash over me. This is what I was thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh, it's midnight and no ones awake to chase the toad away from the door (this is usually how I was able to get into the house.) What am I gonna do?" My reasonable self took over and I thought, "Well, I guess I could sleep in the car."
So I was really trying to problem solve here and the only logical action that I could think of was to throw rocks at the toad, hoping it would then hop away. Those suckers don't move! I lobbed rock after rock at that thing and it maybe moved an inch. I swear that it stared me down with this look that said, "Is that all you got?"
So now its 12:30 am and I'm still outside, trying to figure out how I'm going to get inside. I finally give in and call the house and my mom answers the call and she's bit startled to hear my voice on the phone so late at night. I tell her my predicament and she says, "Honey, why don't you just step over it? It's not going to hurt you." You would think she was asking me to run through a fire. It was at this point that I hysterically started to cry and just kept repeating, "I can't. I can't. I can't." So my mom, the heroine of the story, gets out of bed and shoos the toad away from the front door and I then go inside and try to calm myself down enough to go to sleep.
So what's the point of my story? Well for starters, I need a BB gun, and second of all, I don't want to kiss anymore frogs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment