Living with my parents has brought back a lot of memories for me. I'm sure it has for them, too. One being the battles over showers, or to be more specific, how long these (meaning my) showers last. I'm reminded (by my mom and dad) of how this effects the water bill, doesn't leave any hot water for anyone else, and causes the paint to peel from the walls.
I swear that I'm not trying to create any problems for my folks. It's just that I love a long, hot shower. I'm not a morning person (yes, even at 10:00 am) and my morning shower is like my last chance to cocoon before stepping out into the world. Steamy showers also help clear my terrible sinuses so that I can breathe better. So see, it's not healthy for me to NOT take a long, hot shower. Do you buy that?
Finally, I know this is kinda strange, but the shower is the only place where I can really pray. I'm not sure why, maybe the rhythm of the water helps me concentrate. There are many different ways that someone can pray, but ideally prayer includes all of the following: praise, thanksgiving, confession, and petition.
Unfortunately, the confession part takes a while for me. A long while. Therefore, I must take long showers. So, the next time my dad bangs on the bathroom door and yells, "Hurry up!" I'm just going to yell back, "Hey, I'm praying in here and I've got a LOT of confessing to do! May take a while!" I wonder how that will go over......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment