
.....Wilma!!!! For what? For "Being the Meanest Cat Ever!"
As if moving wasn't stressful enough (and believe me, it's been stressful) for Wilma, the poor thing contracted ear mites, which caused her to scratch at her ears, leading to a hematoma. Thus, leading to surgery.
Now, Wilma didn't get her name "Wilma the Wildcat" for nothing! So, I was pleasantly surprised when I first took her to the vet, that she was actually nice. She must've been really sick. I was also excited about how well behaved she was when I took her to the vet for her operation. I was thinking that she was finally ending her mean streak. Well I was wrong!
I go to pick Wilma up and immediately the receptionist at the front desk tells me that I'm going to have to go get Wilma from the back myself because she was acting so nasty that everyone was afraid to touch her. I was also told that she was protesting so loudly at the back of the building that people in the front lobby could her. She was not a happy camper!
Eventually Wilma calmed down and got over being bitter about her surgery, but then it was time to take her back to get her stitches out. As I'm walking through the front door I hear the receptionist tell someone "Uh, oh, hear comes Wilma." Once I'm in the door she asks me what kind of mood Wilma's in (by the way it was a bad mood.) I sit down in the waiting room and a technician comes out and says hi to Wilma, who rudely hisses in response. I'm so embarrassed and apologize for my cat's poor manners (I'm totally kidding, I just read the book boundaries and now realize that Wilma's problems are her problems, not mine.) Then the tech says that there is no way on earth that Wilma's going to let anyone take those stitches out and would I mind if they sedated her. Of course I agree, because let's face it, it's way better to pay for the sedation then for a lawsuit.
Anyway, after what seems like forever the technician brings me back this limp and soggy cat (Wilma pooped on herself and they were nice enough to give her a bath while she was knocked out.) She's going to be so mad at me for telling you all that. No seriously, she will. Then another technician comes out and tells me that Wilma is the meanest cat they have ever treated and that they even treat ferals! Then she adds that I should call Stephen King and let him know that if he ever needs a cat for one of his movies, that I have one available.
I gotta say that I can't be too upset with Wilma though, because I've been pretty pissy myself these days.
miss u girls : (
ReplyDelete